CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
There is no pre-requisite or a requirement for the completion of Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care for this course.
Flexible Study Options
NAoEC offers a range of amazing course materials and videos online, as well as amazing trainer support for 24/7 learning at a time that suits you!
Face-to-face training in our state-of-the-art classrooms, support with work placement, available for weekday, weekend, and night classes.
There is a high demand for childhood educators who either already have, or who are actively working towards obtaining this qualification.
Once you have successfully completed the course, you will be qualified to provide high quality care to children from birth to pre-school age.
You will also have the relevant knowledge and skills to facilitate their learning and play during their most formative years, therefore helping them to achieve their developmental outcomes while igniting a lifelong love of learning.
You will also have the knowledge and skills to supervise staff members and be responsible for managing programs in early childhood services.
This course includes essential learning for working in early childhood education and care, such as:
- supporting the holistic development of children
- providing care for children from 0-5 years
- promoting healthy nutrition
- supporting cultural diversity
- creating a safe and healthy environment for children
- creating educational experiences for children’s development
- working with families
- supporting children’s behaviour
- Curriculum development and complying with regulations
As per the training package, this qualification has no prerequisites.
In order to qualify for this course, you will be required to complete a pre-training review and either successfully complete a Language Literacy and Numeracy test or be able to provide valid evidence of Year 12 completion.
^Students under the age of 18 are required to attend an interview prior to the
acceptance of their enrolment.
^ Additional eligibility or enrolment criteria may apply.
* People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
You’ve got this!
Work placement gives you the opportunity to develop your practical skills in a professional early childhood service such as Childcare Centre, Pre-school, Kindergarten etc with different age groups in the Melbourne or Brisbane areas.
You will work under the guidance of professional early childhood educators and gain first-hand experience as an important part of your training.
This helps ensure that you obtain the practical skills and experience required to thrive within the early childhood care and education industry and helps you get job-ready once qualified.
You will be required to complete a total of 360 hours (in 3 blocks of 120 hrs) of practical placement within an Early Childhood service.
What’s in it for me?
Here are some of the benefits of work placement:
- work with children of various ages and build up your skills
- see first-hand how an early childhood service operates
- get feedback from professionals currently working in the industry
- learn current industry practice.
How does it work?
We encourage and support you to find your own work placement. This means you can decide what best suits you, we will support you through the entire process of finding and screening a suitable centre that will help you meet your course requirements.
Our students find this an incredibly beneficial process when it comes to applying for jobs in the childcare industry once they are qualified.
In fact, many of our students do such a fantastic job during their work placement that they sometimes end up being offered permanent employment.
Further details on the Work Placement program will be explained during the enrolment process.
Why not keep studying?
A CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care qualification opens up excellent further learning opportunities, including working towards a relevant degree such as the Bachelor of Early Childhood Education.
From there, you could embark upon a career as a teacher in both early childhood and primary educational fields.
Whether you choose to study in the classroom or decide to use our Dynamic Blended Delivery will influence how long it takes to complete the course.
The course is also offered online with a range of online content and videos that caters to those who want a more flexible option.
This course is delivered via a classroom based delivery option, together with an online assessment model
- Classroom Based Delivery: Approx. 52 weeks.
- Dynamic Blended Delivery: Online 18 months to complete the course.
Please note that this timeframe excludes holiday periods and public holidays.
- The duration for classroom-based learning is 52 weeks including work placement (Fulltime)
- Our purpose-built classrooms are fully equipped with resources to allow our students to actively participate in practical demonstrations and assessments.
- We offer small class sizes to ensure a personal learning experience.
- You can choose to study at our dedicated National Academy of Early Childhood, at our Melbourne CBD or Peninsula campus.
- Written assessments will be online and PCs are made available to complete the online component.
Dynamic Blended Delivery:
- This flexible mode of learning allows you to easily combine studying online 62 weeks including work placement (Fulltime)
- All of the interactive webinars are held by our experienced trainers and are designed to help you stay motivated and feeling supported, as well as to give you the opportunity to demonstrate your developing skills and knowledge.
- Dynamic Blended Learning is offered at Melbourne CBD, Peninsula and Brisbane Campus
- Classroom Learning is offered at Melbourne CBD and Peninsula Campus
- Online Study is available. Please contact us with regards to how to apply for Online Study
Upon successful completion of the CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care you will be qualified to fulfil the following roles:
- Early Childcare Educator
- Room Leader or Assistant
- Early Childcare Centre Director
- Family Day Care Educator
- Outside School Hours Care Educator
- Agency Staff
- Kindergarten Assistant
Start Your Own Business
Once you have obtained your Diploma, you may also be able to run your own family day care centre and supervise staff. If your home is set up for this, it could be a great opportunity to do what you love, in your own surroundings, being your own boss.
|CHCDIV002||Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety|
|CHCECE001||Develop cultural competence|
|CHCECE002||Ensure the health and safety of children|
|CHCECE003||Provide care for children|
|CHCECE004||Promote and provide healthy food and drinks|
|CHCECE005||Provide care for babies and toddlers|
|CHCECE007||Develop positive and respectful relationships with children|
|CHCECE009||Use an approved learning framework to guide practice|
|CHCECE016||Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for
|CHCECE017||Foster the holistic development and wellbeing of the child
in early childhood
|CHCECE018||Nurture creativity in children|
|CHCECE019||Facilitate compliance in an education and care service|
|CHCECE020||Establish and implement plans for developing cooperative
|CHCECE021||Implement strategies for the inclusion of all children|
|CHCECE022||Promote children’s agency|
|CHCECE023||Analyse information to inform learning|
|CHCECE024||Design and implement the curriculum to foster children’s learning and development|
|CHCECE025||Embed sustainable practices in service operations|
|CHCECE026||Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate education and care for children|
|CHCLEG001||Work legally and ethically|
|CHCPRT001||Identify and respond to children and young people at risk|
|HLTAID004||Provide an emergency first aid response in an education
and care setting
|HLTWHS003||Maintain work health and safety|
|BSBINN502||Build and sustain an innovative work environment|
|BSBSUS501||Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|CHCPOL002||Develop and implement policy|
|CHCPRP003||Reflect and improve own professional practice|
Credit Transfer is the process by which the RTO accepts and provides credit to learners for units of competency where these are evidenced by:
- AQF certification documentation issued by another RTO
- AQF authorised issuing organisation such as University, OR,
- Authenticated VET transcripts issued by the Registrar
National Academy of Early Childhood recognises Qualifications and Statements of Attainments issued by above mentioned institutions.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Recognition of prior learning is the process of recognising an individual’s current skills and competencies, which were attained through prior experience, and/or learning. This includes:
- Previous study of either a formal or informal nature
- work experience
- general life experience
- any combination of the above.
We need to assess RPL on a case by case basis so it is only available on application. Students will be charged per unit of competency at the cost equal to the tuition fee of the unit(s) of competency. Please discuss your intention to apply for RPL with your consultant.
Maximum VET Tuition Fee: $11,988
Fee For Service
- 1. Students can pay their tuition fees upfront in full or arrange an instalment payment plan. Please refer to the Fees & Charges policy.
- 2. Personal student loan to cover the cost of your course. Click here to find out more.
Eligible students can access Victorian Government funding available through the Skills First. Click here for more information.
Skills First eligible students who choose to access this Funding Program will have the tuition fees reduced by the amount paid by the Government. Accessing this funding may have implications for future eligiblity to government funding entitlements and subsidy.
For further information on fees under the Skills First program , refer to the Fee structure
Our full-time qualifications are approved by Centrelink allowing access to Youth Allowance, ABSTUDY, Austudy and Pensioner Education Supplement payments. Eligibility criteria apply. For more information please contact Centrelink.
Our organisation is also registered with the Queensland and Victoria Departments of Public Transport. Students enrolled in full-time courses, may be eligible for public transport concession. Eligibility criteria apply. For more information please contact:
For further information on fees, refer to the Fee Schedules for this course below.
*This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding. Additional eligibility or enrolment criteria may apply. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The National Academy of Early Childhood, as part of Pragmatic Training Pty Ltd, is a Registered Training Organisation which delivers Accredited Nationally Recognised Training & Non – Accredited Training, workshops & short courses.
* Please note that minimum and maximum class numbers apply for each course. Class times may vary for operational reasons. Enrolments must be received a minimum of 1 week prior to the commencement of the course.
^Length of the course will increase if interrupted by Public Holidays and School Holidays scheduled by Pragmatic Training.